15 Hidden Gems in Denver You Must Discover
Denver, the mile-high city, is brimming with hidden treasures that both locals and tourists often overlook. From secret gardens to hidden art installations, Denver has something for everyone. Here, we point out 15 hidden gems that every explorer in Denver must discover.
1. International Church of Cannabis: An unprecedented artistry and a celebration of spiritual self-expression, this church is a must-visit for art and spirituality lovers.
2. Rino Art District: Home to Denver’s artsy folk, this district delivers a unique experience with its local graffiti and art installations covering the streets.
3. Williams & Graham: Step back into the Prohibition era in this bookstore-speakeasy that serves the city’s best cocktails.
4. Larimer Square: Hosting an array of exceptional restaurants and stores, this historic block sets itself apart with its scenic charm and beauty.
5. Denver Botanic Gardens: An oasis in the city, it enthralls with its seasonal flower exhibits and Japanese gardens.
6. Museum of Contemporary Art Denver: A first-class cultural institution housing the best of contemporary art.
7. Denver Bicycle Cafe: This hybrid cafe, bar, and bike shop deliver a unique Denverite experience.
8. Capitol Hill Books: A mecca for bibliophiles, this bookstore literally has books from floor to ceiling.
9. Confluence Park: A favorite amongst locals, this park is perfect for picnicking, biking, or just enjoying a beautiful Denver day.
10. Cherry Creek Trail: A scenic trail offering bikes, running paths, and many other outdoor recreational activities.
11. Denver Zoo: Home to more than 4,000 animals, this place provides an unforgettable encounter with wildlife.
12. Denver Art Museum: It houses a massive collection of global art, making it a cultural centerpiece of Denver.
13. Denver Beer Co.: Renowned for their large and seasonal craft beer menu, this place is heaven for all beer lovers.
14. The Source Market Hall: An artisan food market that features local vendors who sell their products in a unique, open-air setting.
15. The Denver Center for the Performing Arts: Known as the “Broadway of the West,” this performing arts center has a rich lineup of world-class shows.
Next time you’re in Denver, make sure to check out these spots and make your visit truly unforgettable. Denver has an enchanting mix of cultural, historic, and natural attractions that define its unique charm.