Lucile’s is Colorado’s best Creole café. The restaurant was established by Lucile Richards and her son in 1980. Their goal was to not only have a successful business, but also the nation’s premier Creole brunch restaurant. Their type of restaurant was something that had never been attempted before in Colorado. Their type of restaurant had a Creole theme and was only a breakfast and lunch restaurant.
One of the restaurant’s more famous dishes is the “Cajun Breakfast which consists of poached eggs, red beans, hollandaise sauce and of course, the traditional southern dish of grits. Another dish on the menu is “Eggs New Orleans” which consists of poached eggs, fried eggplant, Creole spice, and hollandaise sauce.
At the present time there are five locations in Colorado. You will find Lucile’s in Denver, Boulder, Longmont, Littleton, and Fort Collins. Lucile’s is a family restaurant and community focused. The original restaurant in Boulder resides in a small Victorian house painted with their signature color of pale yellow.
When you have a meal at Lucile’s you will be serenaded by the jazz, Cajun, and Zydeco music that constant floats through the dinning area. You will feel like you have taken a journey to New Orleans not only with the music but with the food. The decorations you find in the restaurant consist of masks, Mardi Gras beads, alligators, and Creole posters.
If you are planning a small or large gathering, give Lucile’s a call to have an event everyone will remember. They will fix breakfast or lunch for your gathering. When it comes to their menu, it is varied but simple with large portions which guarantee you will leave the restaurant full and satisfied.
Lucile’s is famous for some of their specialty dishes which include:
- Homemade buttermilk biscuits that are served with strawberry rhubarb jam.
- Beignet which are homemade New Orleans style donuts that are served hot.
- Eggs Jennifer which is a vegetarian version of Eggs Benedict
- Pain Perdu which is New Orleans style French toast
Each of their five restaurants has their own menus. Some of the items on the menu include:
- Boulder—Totally Organic Breakfast, Eggs Pontchartrain, and Eggs Sardou
- Longmont—Creole Omelet, Eggs Rockefeller, Lucy’s Granola
- Denver—Blackened Salmon, Eggs Jennifer, Shrimp and Grits
- Fort Collins—Popcorn Shrimp Salad, Zydeco Salad, New Orleans Praline Waffle
- Littleton—Rice Pudding Porridge, Fresh Collard Greens, Gumbo
When you are in Colorado, make sure that you visit one of Lucile’s restaurants for some great Creole cooking.