Yes, there are more than five reasons to visit Denver such as the Rocky Mountains, which offer many hiking and biking trails, fly-fishing on the Platte River, mountain climbing, skiing, and rafting. When you visit Denver, plan more than a weekend visit. Plan a family vacation, as there are many things to see and do in Denver for everybody. Here are five of the top reasons to visit Denver:
- Denver Art Museum-Daniel Libeskid, architect, designed the new Hamilton Building wing. This wing is an architectural work of art in itself that is necessary to see. When you visit the museum, you will be able to visit art exhibits about Asian, Spanish Colonial and pre-Columbian works. There is also a large collection of Native American pieces of Art. If you love art, you should visit this place.
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre-The awe inspiring red rocks is something that you should see while in Denver. You can check and see if there is a concert playing when you are visiting or you can just visit the amphitheatre. There are hiking trails nearby that you can take to see this spectacular beauty. While you are there make sure that you visit the visitor center to look at the memorabilia and photographs of past concerts.
- Denver Botanic Gardens-If you enjoy walking through the garden looking at different plants, this is the place for you. There are over 15,000 displays of plants from around the world. While you are walking around looking at the variety of plants, world-renowned musicians will entertain you. There are also tea gardens that you can stop in and enjoy a cup of tea.
- Larimer Square-This is one of Denver’s liveliest sections. Here you will find specialty shops, and top restaurants. If you like to people watch, this is the place to do that. It is located on the city’s oldest street. You will also find a red brick lined Writer Square. On Writer’s Square, you can find boutique shops and coffee cafes.
- LoDo-This refers to lower downtown and it appeals to visitors and people living in Denver because of its close proximity to Coors Fields. This area also has great restaurants, art galleries, and nightclubs. In the daytime, it is a place for shoppers and spa hoppers. At night, it is a place for people who want a great meal and partygoers.
When you are in Denver, keep these places in mind to visit.