Denver or “The Mile High City” is a city known for its hundreds of wonderful attractions. Many people consider going to Denver, Colorado if they are on vacation or just for a weekend adventure. Among hundreds of places in and around Denver, there are some that are more kid-friendly than others.
Denver has everything your kids will ever need from have zoos, museums, parks, aquariums, water parks, and much more. Also, many fun places are free and others are considered cheap considering the great service they provide.
- Denver Botanic Gardens: This is a great place for kids. It is a targeted destination for most families. Kids seem to enjoy this place a lot because there they’ll explore the different types of plants like the insect-eating carnivorous plants. If you want a guided tour, then you should check their information desk to provide you with a family guide. Denver Botanic Gardens is a must see destination for kids and parents!
- Downtown Aquarium: Previously called Colorado’s Ocean Journey Aquarium, this place is an amazing place for family and even for couples (where else you could find a dining adventure where you seat around more than 1 million gallons of water?). This aquarium has more than 500 species of animals, an aquarium restaurant, a dive lounge, and many other amusements that your kids will enjoy.
- Denver Art Museum: This place is very family friendly. Founded in 1893, it is considered the best place where you can communicate and explore hundreds of artistic things with your kids. It has thousands of works including paintings, sculptures, and textiles. This is the right place for you if you want your children to learn more about arts. The Just For Fun Family Center, the Kids Corner, the Eye Spy gallery games are favorites of kids of all ages.
- Children’s Museum of Denver: If you want to make your kids learn while playing, then this is the right place for them. The Children’s Museum serves almost 300,000 kids annually and provides a very rich experience for your kids. The philosophy of this museum is to learn through play where they offer many interactive, educational materials that your kids can do while they’re playing. They won’t even realize they are learning because they will be having so much fun!
These are just few Denver attractions where you can take your kids in Denver. However, there is one more kids attraction in Denver that takes the cake:
- Water World: This place is a dream for kids and adults alike. It is probably the absolute favorite place for kids where they can enjoy dozens and dozens of water attractions. As they feature the biggest variety of fun-filled water attractions (42) in America, Water World offers more family fun than any place in the US including a Caribbean Family Adventure, Turbo Racer, and Captain Jack’s.