Colorado is chocked full of restaurants that were started right here in the Denver area. This article is a list of 6 national chains that are Colorado-based companies.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill – With locations throughout the United States, Canada, and the UK, Chipotle is a Colorado native restaurant that has grown at staggering numbers since the company was started in 1993. Chipotle currently has more than 1000 locations worldwide. The original Chipotle location (still in operation today) is near the University of Denver campus and was highly successful due to the patronage of DU college students.
- Einstein Bros. Bagels – This is a bagel and coffee chain based in Lakewood, Colorado and is owned by Boston Market. The chain was started in 1995 as a way to market breakfast foods and currently has locations operated under the names Einstein Bros. Bagels, Noah’s New York Bagels, and New World Coffee.
- Noodles & Company – This chain of fast casual noodle restaurants was first opened in 1995 in Cherry Creek, Colorado. The headquarters is in Broomfield, Colorado. Noodles & Company has over 240 locations in 18 states.
- Qdoba Mexican Grill – Yet another fast-casual Mexican grill is headquartered in Denver. The first location was opened in 1995 and has since expanded to become a national chain that includes over 450 locations nationwide. Qdoba is owned by Jack in the Box.
- Quizno’s – This toasted sub national chain is also based in Denver, Colorado and was founded in 1981. Quizno’s has expanded to include over 4000 restaurants in the United States, 300 in Canada, and about 100 additional locations throughout the world. Quizno’s has a presence in Central America, the UK, Iceland, Sint Maarten, South Korea, Venezuela, and a strong presence in the Middle East. 15 Quizno’s restaurants are scheduled to open in Kuwait and current locations throughout the Middle East include those in Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Egypt, and the UAE.
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers – This chain hamburger restaurant was founded in Seattle in 1969, but is currently headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado. The headquarters was moved from the Seattle area in 1985. As of 2008, Red Robin has over 400 restaurants in the United States and 18 locations across Canada.
As you can see, Colorado has quite a lot of fast-casual national chain restaurants. From burritos to sandwiches, Colorado has it all.