Steamboat Springs, Colorado hosts the perfect vacation or weekend getaway whether it is summer, winter, fall, or spring. Five signature events for your vacation might include:
1) 23rd annual Rocky Mountain Mustang Round Up (June 16 to 19th, 2011): This is a free event open to the public, which is held on Father’s Day weekend. It is a complete pageantry for car lovers. Over 500 Ford Mustangs flock the area increasing its grandeur. Activities include scenic mountain tours, auto cross Friday night and an awards breakfast. The auto cross on Friday welcomes audiences to the parking lot near Mt. Werner Road and Pine Groove Road. This event witnesses around 180 cars. And on Saturday is a show displaying around 450 Ford Mustangs to excited car lovers.
2) 7th annual Wild West Air Fest and Labor Day Weekend Celebration (September 3-4, 2011): Labor Day weekend in Steamboat is a fun time for all families! It features a fabulous aircraft display, classic cars, radio controlled airplane shows, and much more. Are you a dog lover? Have a thrilling experience watching the Steamboat Stock Dog Challenge where they consistently are herding sheep on all the three days. If you are a shopping freak then you won’t be disappointed! The semi annual Steamboat side walk hosts a big sale for all its visitors. And besides all this there is the big cowboy bash where they compete on bulls for huge cash prizes. And then the cycle race in four stage. All this just at $5 for adults, $3 for ages 6-12 and absolutely free for children below 5 years.
3) 30th annual Steamboat Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10k (Sunday June 5th,2011- races at 7:30): This event offers for a run along the Elk River, surrounded by snow capped Rocky Mountains and lush green pastures on road 129. The run is in three categories which include 10k race, full marathon, and half marathon. The registration can be done in three ways; online, fax, and in person. The three categories provide three different maps. Come, participate, and discover why this is considered one of the “top 10 marathons of America.”
4) 3rd annual Steamboat All Arts Festival (august 18th-21st, 2011): This is a four day event to embrace visitors’ passion for everything art. It features cohesion of arts from renowned artists including dance, music, visual, literary, and culinary arts. This event reflects the native culture of the Yampa Valley, with workshops for all ages.
5) 31st annual Hot Air Balloon Rodeo and 37th annual Art in the Park (July 9th to 10th,2011): Join this spectacular show soon after sunrise in the Bald Eagle Lake, where 40 hot air balloons raise spreading a rainbow in the sky, drifting pleasantly over the Yampa Valley. And then in the west there is the arts and crafts festival. The place is located approximately at 9/10 of a mile south of Walton Creek Road on Highway 40.This is a grand welcome for a wonderful summer weekend.