Denver has several annual festivals that many people attend. In this blog post, we will discuss these five festivals:
• Octoberfest – USA today named this Octoberfest as one of the best festivals in the nation. The festival last six days and on each day, there are several bands that perform each day. During the week, the bands perform from 11 a.m. to midnight, and 1 a.m. on Friday and Saturday of the festival. During the week, they start playing at 5 p.m. In addition to the entertainment, there will be several vendors selling authentic German food and drinks. Sam Adams and Coors are the only beers they sell at the festival. They also have the Octoberfest Olympiks. They have carnival rides for the children, and a Stain hoisting contest. This festival happens in mid-September
• A Taste of Colorado – This festival happens over Labor Day weekend and has free admission. The festival offers music, food, and activities for children. Music entertainment is offered on four different stages with a variety of music. They offer a variety of restaurants to choose and offer gourmet foods in the fine dinning area. For the children, they offer magic acts, puppets, hands-on craft activities, and clowns. It is a festival for the whole family. This is a community celebration.
• Colorado Renaissance Festival – It is held on the weekends in June and July. During the festival, you are taken back in time to the Renaissance period and you get to hear music of that era, see artisans make crafts from that period, and try food from the Renaissance period. Some of the crafts that you can watch being made are glass blown items, jewelry making, pottery, and blacksmithing. You can taste such delicacies as turkey drumsticks, steak on a stake, and roasted corn. You also get a variety of the finest ales and drinks.
• Mile High Music Festival – This festival takes place in mid-August. It has well-known bands playing all weekend on several different stages and areas.
• Starz Denver Film Festival – This festival is held for two weeks in the beginning of November. During these two weeks, you can purchase tickets to view a variety of films.
These are the five best festivals in Denver, and they start in June and continue through November. There is always something for everyone to do. You can pretend you are living in the Renaissance period during the weekends in June and July, then attend a music festival, and end the season with films. In Denver, you are presented with a wide variety of festivals to attend during the summer and fall months. There is always something to do in Denver during the week and on the weekend.