Downtown Denver is a great place for the nightlife scene. Bar hopping is easy since most clubs and bars are so close to one another. Here is an overview of the top 5 Denver nightclubs as rated by Yelp.com reviewers.
- Beta Nightclub: This is a place to go to dance to dance/house music. Many popular DJs spin at this exciting Denver club, which features a huge big screen over the DJ booth. It’s spacious, classy and clean. The upstairs has a seating area that overlooks the dance floor. Downstairs, there’s an outdoor patio for cooling off and/or smoking.
- La Rumba: La Rumba features salsa dancing in Denver as well as salsa classes. When 9 o’clock rolls around this is a popular spot for hipsters to dance to an array of Indie and other mixed music on their small but well-sized dance floor. There is no cover before 10PM and there are couches and tables to sit at if you’re not into dancing or need to take a break. Many people here have a great time dancing without needing to be completely intoxicated.
- Charlie’s: One of Denver’s premier GLBT clubs, Charlie’s is unique in that it is a gay club with country line dancing. For those who are not into line dancing, there is also a club side with techno music. Anyone who is brave enough can participate in karaoke or the drag queen show.
- Mynt Lounge: Mynt is very popular in Denver for their mojitos, which come in various flavors such as mango, raspberry and cucumber. This club features a more dressy crowd than the previous three but it’s also a mixed crowd of people.
- Bar Standard: This Denver club has a vintage 1920s look with art deco, black and white films, chandeliers and red velvet booths. The staff also dresses according to the 1920s style. Bar Standard plays house music for those looking to dance.