Join Paul Bunyun fans this Saturday, Nov. 6 at 7:30pm in LoDo Denver for the second annual Lumberjack Crawl. Throw on your flannel shirts, work gloves, long johns, suspenders, overalls and facial hair and head to Denver to bar hop with other lumberjacks. Women are welcome to join in the same garb.
Denver’s Lumberjack Crawl won Westword’s award as Best New Tradition and last year over 150 ‘jacks and a couple of blue oxen participated in the festivities. Feel free to tote along your own wood or fake axe to five different Denver bars featuring specials for all lumberjacks.
The evening begins at Ginn Mill and moves on to Scruffy Murphy’s, Giggling Grizzly, Swanky’s and finally to Jackson’s. Specials for the night are below:
- Ginn Mill: $2 Coors Light drafts, $3 Jim Beam, $3 Lumberjack shots for anyone wearing plaid
- Scruffy Murphy’s: $3.50 PBR tall boys and $3.00 Blue Ox shots. Costume contest judged by the owner with a prize
- Giggling Grizzly: $2 Rolling Rock, $3.00 Bud and Bud Light on tap, flavored vodka/rum for $3.00 and $2.50 Paul Bunyan shots
- Swanky’s: TBD
- Jackson’s: $3 Jaeger Splash and $2 Bud Light bottles
So channel your inner Paul Bunyun and get ready to kick back from a long day’s work chopping down pines and drink with other lumberjacks in Downtown Denver.
1. (Start) Ginn Mill – 2041 Larimer Street
2. Scruffy Murphy’s – 2030 Larimer Street
3. Giggling Grizzly – 1320 20th Street
4. Swanky’s – 1938 Blake Street
5. Jackson’s – 1520 20th Street